Allan Zhang, multi-disciplinary designer
Designed the UIUX for digital banks since day one start-up vibes, and as the team scales, understands the broader dynamics of roles and responsibilities. Able to work independently as an individual contributor with product managers and developers. That includes designing for the UIUX, UX research, user validations, stakeholder walkthroughs and iterations.
When a vertical or verticals become more extensive in scope, able to pivot to become a people manager for designers, conducting design reviews, working out timelines and design processes. In a secondary role, have the expertise to help speed up the establishment of design systems and occasionally co-conduct design thinking workshops with business stakeholders to review cross-vertical customers’ journeys or find new product propositions.
Currently designing for wealth and investment in United Overseas Bank (UOB). Also designed for retail banking capabilities such as onboarding, payments, account & card services, instalments, chatbot and referral programs.
Oct 2017 to present – Design Lead at United Overseas Bank (UOB)
Started UOB Digital Bank TMRW from scratch, launched in Thailand and scaled to Indonesia. Also revamped Singapore Mighty banking app. Project covered include onboarding, payments, innovative gamified saving program, engagement and insights, banking services, chatbot, loan products, cashback and referral programs. Currently on wealth projects.
Oct 2019 to present – Adjunct Lecturer at Singapore Polytechnic
Lecturer for Specialist Diploma in User Experience & Digital Product Design. Teaching UIUX, Figma software and design systems through a practical design thinking approach.
Late 2017- Design Lead at 360F consultancy
Created proprietary wealth planner platform for this consultancy for various buy-ins from insurance companies.
2016 to 2017 – Senior Art Director at GOVT
Planned an experiential booth event for Haagen Dazs. Executed key social content strategy for MINI cooper, Nescafe and National Gallery Museum for long term brand building.
2014 to 2016 – Digital Art Director at Wunderman Singapore & Shanghai
Was mainly on digital projects such as website revamp for Pantene, Energizer, Schick APAC. Managed to pull out some fun physical campaigns for SAFRA and LIEN AID as well.
2012 to 2014 – Junior Art Director at Cheil Worldwide
Was mainly on Samsung projects, did a couple of cool integrated (digital+physical) campaigns, and also needed a safe driving app that got featured on CNN. Also on Audi’s website retainer and Singtel, NCS projects.
Mid 2012 – Brand designer at Sentient Partners
Mainly a branding agency did a few branding packaging projects for Kirin and Brands.
– [Primary] Design solutioning, hands-on UIUX right down to each journey, permutation scenarios, coupled with user testing and research
– [Primary] Design reviews with stakeholders, feasibility checks with developers, then iterations
– [Secondary] Establish UI design systems and branding
– [Secondary] Advice on design processes, structures and timelines
– [Only when needed] Run design thinking workshops to find product propositions or review journeys
– [Only when needed] Visualise marketing communication and digital content strategies
– Designing for persons with disabilities (Team Gleepan)
– Top 10 Finalist (Out of 52 teams)
Prague International Advertising Festival Awards 2016
– Finalist (Creative use of formats)
– Finalist (Audience engagement)
Cannes Young Lions Competition (Singapore) 2015
– Grand winner (Print)
– Finalist (Campaign)
– Finalist (Mobile)
Creative Circle Award 2013
– Silver (TV & Film)
D&AD New Blood Awards
– New Blood of the year
– Best of Year (Advertising Brief)
– Best of Year (Open Advertising Brief)
– Best of Year (Integrated Communications)
LVMH Creative Brief Experience 2012
– Collaboration with LVMH Global Managers (Branding & Design)
Spikes Academy 2012
– 1 of the 14 young creatives in Asia selected for this programme
Spikes Asia 2011
– Participated in Inspiration Art Installation by JWT
Singapore Airlines(SIA) Cargo Tactical Advertising Competition 2011
– First Prize
– User Experience (UX) Design Immersive, General Assembly
– B.A. Hons, Design Communications, Lasalle College of the Arts