As Philips does not have a flagship store in Singapore, Philips relies a lot on retailers to push out their products. However, because retailers have various other brands in the store as well, the consumers does not get to know the best of what Philips products can do.
By leveraging on existing online Philips store, our mission is to provide an excellent customer experience by providing a range of Philips products for sale direct to consumers.
– Increase sales of Philips products in the Philips online store
– Improve the current customer shopping journey
– Compliment offline third-party retail stores such as Courts and Harvey Norman
– Re-design the site content structure and layout to make it easier for users to find, browse and consume content
– Make the site responsive for mobile screens
– Conduct user research to identify any other areas to improve
– Wireframe / Prototype of the revamped website (for both desktop and mobile)
– Fully-designed key pages or equivalent to show the design style
Competitor Analysis, Heuristic Evaluation, Contextual Enquiry, User interviews, Affinity Mapping, User Flow and Customer Journey Mapping, Features Prioritisation and Ideation and Wire-framing, High-fidelity prototyping, Iterations
– DESIGN PROCESS –
We also compared with other brand websites and found out that Samsung and LG have better user experience and presentation of information and website like Courts have better purchasing customer support and pricing.
EVALUATION OF THE CURRENT PHILIPS ONLINE STORE
The heuristic evaluation matches with the usability test of our users. It was found out there that whole surfing experience was not smooth and has a lot of misleading terms that is very confusing to use the site. Here are some of the pointers that can be made better:
UNDERSTANDING THE USERS
From the user interviews, we are find out the current shopping pattern and also pick up some key points that our customers value. A persona is then crafted to represents a typical customer mindset and the pain points they will face:
FINDING OPPORTUNITIES TO ENHANCE THE CONSUMER JOURNEY
We identify the pain points and highlighted the opportunities we can come up with to solve their problems.
IMPLEMENTING SERVICE DESIGN
USABILITY TESTS & ITERATIONS
Moving forward from our research and prototyping, we can still enhance the customer’s experience.
- Improve interactivity on website
2. Refill Reminder Emails. For example, reminders for vaccum cleaner bags to be replaced every half a year.
3. Improve in-store experience since most customers still head down to physical stores before deciding on purchase. For example, in-store QR codes where customers can scan and find out more about the products
4. Collaborate with other brands for customer benefits. For example, work with Redmart to stock groceries in newly-bought Philips refrigerator
5. GPS tracking for delivery so that customers can anticipate and plan to receive bulky items to home.